Side hustle means what you do outside of your day-to-day job for earning more money. It can be refer as second job, but it carries more entrepreneurial connotation. You can spend your spare times in side hustles and also add up your monthly income. Side hustle is similar to hobby. Both we do in our leisure. The main difference is hobby costs money, but side hustle gives you money.
30 Best Side Hustle Ideas:
There are thousands of ideas you will find to spend your leisure and also earn some money. I’m describing here 30 best methods which can be done by people from all ages.
- Blogging: Writing articles in your own blog is the best way for having side incomes. Blog is nothing but a website where you publish your ideas and experiences about a topic. Audiences read your articles from your blog and from them, you will have a chance for earning money.
- Online Courses: Udemy and Teachable provide a good platform for sharing your skills with students all over the world through online courses. Depending on how much time you invest in your courses, you will make a side revenue.
- Virtual Assistant Service: Virtual assistances provide administrative support to their clients from home. They check their client’s company emails and notify them about online meetings or reply those emails. Again, they also make plan for client’s official tour. Client pays a handsome amount monthly to them. In this way, one can income money.
- Freelancing: Freelancing is mainly for side hustle, but some freelancers have taken it as their day-to-day job. For side hustle, article writing, content writing, proofreading jobs are preferable as side hustle. These jobs don’t require a lot of time. One can write or rewrite an article for his/her freelancer client in his leisure times. Thus he/she can earn extra money.
- E-commerce: If you are running a business, then this one can be not only your side hustle, but also a platform to reach your products to your customers all over the world. You can use this platform for side hustle by selling your creativity like crafting, arts, designed t-shirts, handmade clothes and many more items. This can open up a door for extra income.
- Kindle Publishing: Amazon offers to publish books or research works in their e-reading platform Kindle. You can publish your research work or a book written about your experiences or your knowledge on technology. E-readers will find your research articles or books and buy them for reading if found interesting.
- E-book Writing: Books are written on personal knowledge about a topic or sharing some ideas of your own about technology, politics, economics and much more. You can write your own book on any topic and add them in online marketing sites like Amazon. People will buy your book for reading. You can also provide audiobook for your own written book. Nowadays book lovers prefer audiobook more than the hardcopy.
- Newsletter: This business model is simple. You will write newsletter including valuable information about a topic or a business weekly or monthly and then charge interested customers a subscription fee to receive and read the newsletter. In this model, earning depends on your subscriber count and newsletter price.
- Consultancy: If you are a successful person at your job, has gathered much experiences or having a lot of knowledge about an interesting topic, then you can share them with mass people through online platforms. You will find many platforms where you can share your valuable experiences by which people may have inspirations and they can also follow your ideas in their respective fields. Online platforms will provide you money for sharing your ideas and experiences.
- Brand Ambassadorship: Big and well-renowned brands are ale=ways seeking for assistance to influence their marketing efforts. For this, they pay a pretty well amount.
- Stock Trading: This can be a great idea for side hustle. People who have enough knowledge about stock market can invest money in stock market. After a fixed time, they can have a lot of profit from the share and earn money.
- Affiliate Marketing: Affiliate marketing is a process of earning a commission by promoting other people’s or company’s products in your website. People while visiting your website will click on those products and even purchase. Then you will receive a commission of the product’s selling price. It is an easy process of making money.
- Focus Groups: Focus groups are groups of consumers that participate in online guided discussion about products or market research. Here, you will interact with other participants to share your ideas and perceptions about the product or the company. Focus groups provide a wide range of payouts. It depends on the time you have given in discussions. Go to Focusgroups.com
- Social Media Management: Social media is another function that many small or large businesses do not give time or willing to handle on their own. They hire an agency or a freelancer (like you) to handle this. You can earn from $20 to $30 per hour.
- Driving: Driving is the best idea for people who have cars and bikes. They can add their cars in ride sharing apps like Uber. Thus they will have a side income source by providing services to Uber customers.
- Food and Grocery Delivery Service: You can earn money by delivering food and groceries to home from shop. There are apps in which you can register yourself as rider and schedule your time of service.
- Rent Your Car: You can have a side earning by giving your car on rent when you are not using.
- Rent Your Garage: This is for the people who do not have a car. They can give their garage to others who do not have garages in their house. From there, they can have earnings.
- Building Websites: Let’s see some ideas for people who have knowledge about developing websites. They can easily side hustle by building and developing websites for some companies. Companies pay a large amount of money to website developers.
- Part-time Software Developer: People who have not studied software engineering in undergraduate level, have studied one of the other engineering subjects but have clear knowledge about software developing, can spend their free time doing this. Through freelancing or other platforms, they can have some works on software developing. Doing so, they can earn extra money as well as help the companies providing a software. They can also build a software based on a problem mankind is facing recently and sell them to the respective authorities.
- Computer Tutoring: You can help people by teaching them some basic skills on computer and increasing skills for their career, you may find a business opportunity here.
- Create YouTube Videos: YouTube provides their subscribers and channel owners with money based on the views in a video and number of subscriptions. So, you can upload videos about technology, marketing ideas and opportunities, gaming etc. This videos are of interesting topics and most of the YouTube viewers search for videos about these topics.
- Design Logos: If you are handy in Photoshop and Illustrator, then you can take the chance. A logo designing platform named 99Designs provides you competitions on logo designing. But you will not be paid unless your design is selected. So you have to be a pro designer.
- Transcriptions: Transcription means converting audio (live or recorded) into text. If you can type fast by listening, then it can be an easy side hustle for you.
- Translation: Translation is a process of converting a text from one language to another. Spanish, Russian and Arabic are most demandable languages, but you will find jobs for other languages.
- Video Editing: In recent time, video editing is internet’s most popular form of content, becoming more favorable day by day. Having skills in video editing, you can find easy jobs on films, explainer videos, YouTube channels and more. You will also have a handsome amount of side hustle by making video contents.
- Modeling: This idea is generally for ladies, but gents can also think about it. Boutique shops want for models to develop their catalog and also for advertising their products. They pay their models a handsome amount of money which can be refer to side hustle.
- Event Photography: There is a lot of demand for event photographer, especially a wedding photographer. They can income up to six digits amount in a single event. So, if you own a camera and have a good skill in capturing photos and post-processing, then you can take this opportunity of side hustle.
- Online Money Exchange: You can become a part of online based currency exchange business through this process. You can buy and sell dollars for people outside of USA through some applications like skrill, netellar, perfect money etc. You will provide the exchange rate based on the market. Thus it can be a perfect example for side hustle.
- Calligraphy: Calligraphy is a way to write in cursive but with creative designs. It can be taken as a person’s hobby. But he/she can definitely use this creative skill for earning extra money. Calligraphers have a high demand in freelancing markets for their excellent creativity and designing process. In your leisure time, you can work on calligraphy based on your client’s demand and earn extra money.
Side hustle has always been possible. Now, in the realm of internet, it has become easier. It generates a solid amount of extra money. But you should only stick to side hustles. You should remember that it is not your main job. You are doing it for extra income.